SI am a big kale fan!! I love making my own kale crisps but a bowl of raw creamy kale salad is so so comforting yet incredibly healthy too. Kale really is a superfood – packed with minerals including calcium, manganese, magnesium, B vitamins and vitamins K, C and A. By massaging in the avocado and lemon juice the kale ‘wilts’ and softens. It is then topped with sweet chunks of pear and toasted pumpkin seeds. Serve this as a side salad or top with some additional protein for a main meal.
Difficulty – Easy
Time – 15 minutes preparation
Serves – 4
What’s good about it?
Kale is a super healthy leafy green. Packed with antioxidants, calcium, iron, vitamin K, vitamin C and plenty of fibre to support digestive health. Using it raw in a salad and an easy way to cram in more greens in you diet.
- Remove the woody stalks from the kale and discard. Place the kale in a large bowl
- Drizzle over the lemon juice, nutritional yeast flakes and garlic salt
- Add the avocado then using your hands squeeze the avocado into the kale massaging the kale so that the avocado is completely incorporated into the kale
- Season with a little black pepper
- Mix in the pear, olives and top with the pumpkin seeds
Did You Know?
This salad will keep in the fridge for up to 3 days.
- 1 Bag of chopped kale (225g)
- Juice of 1 small lemon
- 1 ripe small avocado, chopped
- 1tbsp nutritional yeast flakes
- 1tsp garlic salt
- Black pepper to taste
- 1 ripe pear, diced
- handful of black olives
- 3tbsp toasted pumpkin seeds