A wonderful one pot dish, speedy and simple to make. Leftovers can be reheated in the oven to serve the following day.
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
What’s Good About It?
A fabulous one pot meal packed with fibre, protein and antioxidants.
- Make the vegan sauce – place everything in a blender and process until smooth.
- Heat the oil in a large shallow saute pan and fry the onion, garlic, pepper, mushroom for 3-4 minutes
- Tip in the lentils, spinach, pasta sauce, tomatoes and simmer for 5 minutes
- Stir in the broken pasta and simmer for 5 minutes. Stir during cooking.
- Spoon over the vegan sauce in dollops. Cover and cook for a further 5 minutes.
- Scatter with basil leaves if wished to serve.
Nutrition per serving 378kcal, Fat 8.8g, Carbohydrates 47.4g, Protein 22.3g
Did You Know?
You can make this in advance and keep in the fridge for 2-3 days. It can also be portioned and frozen if wished.
1 tbsp. olive oil
1 onion, chopped
1tsp chopped garlic
1 red pepper, seeded and diced
8 button mushrooms, halved
1 can (400g) green or brown lentils, drained
100g baby spinach leaves
500g jar of pasta sauce
1 can chopped tomatoes
4 sheets gluten free lasagne sheets, roughly broken
Vegan cheese sauce
349g silken tofu, drained
2tsp apple cider vinegar
1/2 tsp garlic salt
3 Tbsp. nutritional yeast
2 Tbsp. cornflour
1/2 tsp smoked paprika