A simple one pan dish that is wonderfully creamy and super easy to throw together. For a low carb option stir in sauteed cauliflower rice or cooked konjac noodles instead. Leftovers are delicious cold with a salad. The addition of tempeh ensures sufficient protein as a vegan dish.
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 40 minutes
What’s Good About It?
Adding tempeh to the dish is a great way to provide plenty of protein to this dish. Being fermented tempeh is often easier for people to digest than tofu. Instead of tempeh you could add 2 cans of cooked chickpeas.
- Preheat the oven 180C, gas mark 4
- Lightly oil the baking dish.
- Scatter the whole cherry tomatoes, onions, pepper and tempeh pieces in the dish.
- Make a little dent in the middle and place the whole block of feta.
- Scatter over the nutritional yeast, paprika, garlic salt and drizzle with oil
- Bake in the oven for 40 minutes
- Stir in the cooked rice and season to taste.
Did You Know?
Instead of cooked rice try stirring in cooked gluten free pasta
2tbsp olive oil
1 punnet (330g) cherry tomatoes
4 onions cut into large wedges
1 red pepper, cut into large chunks
200g tempeh, cut into small pieces
2tbsp nutritional yeast flakes
1/2 tsp garlic salt
1/2 tsp smoked paprika
black pepper to taste
1 block of violife Feta Style cheese
250g cooked rice to serve