These are light and tangy muffins – perfect as a tea time treat or quick grab and go breakfast option. You can also freeze these muffins for 3 months.
Difficulty – Easy
Time – 15 minutes preparation, 20 minutes cooking
Makes 8 Muffins
What’s good about it?
Using olive oil in vegan cakes and muffins is a great way to create a wonderful moist cake and also provides monounsaturated fats known for their anti-inflammatory and heart healthy benefits.
- Preheat the oven to 180° C / gas mark 4
- Line a muffin tin with cases
- Place all the dry ingredients in a food processor or large glass bowl
- Add the remaining ingredients except the poppy seeds and beat or whisk well to combine.
- Stir in the poppy seeds.
- Spoon the batter into the muffin tins
- Bake in the oven for 20 minutes until golden and cooked through
- Allow to cool in the tin for 5 minutes before removing.
- Cool completely on a wire rack
Did You Know?
Vary the ingredients in this recipe – orange juice and zest works well. If you don’t like poppy seeds replace them with sesame seeds.
300g gluten free self raising flour
2tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
pinch of salt
200ml dairy free milk
1tsp vanilla extract
Juice and zest of 1 1/2 lemons
125ml light olive oil
3tbsp poppy seeds