Naturally sweet this is a delicious banana and chocolate chip bread. I like to add peanut butter to create a rich creamy texture. You could also add a little protein powder.
Difficulty – Easy
Time 15 minutes preparation plus 45 minutes cooking time
Makes 1 x 2lb loaf tin
What’s good about it?
Adding peanut butter to the mixture is a great way to boost healthy fats, protein and magnesium. Any nut butter could be used in this bread. Tahini is another good option.
- Preheat the oven to 180C, gas mark 4.
- Grease and line a 2lb loaf tin.
- Place the bananas in a food processor with the oil, almond milk, peanut butter and xylitol and blend well.
- Add the rest of the ingredients except the chocolate chips to create a thick smooth batter.
- Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Spoon the mixture into the loaf tin and smooth the top. Scatter over a few additional chocolate chips.
- Bake in the oven for 40-45 minutes until cooked through and golden.
- Allow to cool in the tin for 5 minutes then place on a wire rack to cool completely.
Did You Know?
You could replace 30g of the flour with vanilla protein powder if wished to boost the protein content.
3 ripe bananas
75ml olive oil
75ml almond milk
2tbsp peanut butter or other nut butter
1tsp vanilla extract
200g gluten free self raising flour
1tbsp flaxseed ground
1tsp ground cinnamon
1tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
100g dairy free chocolate chips