A wonderful gooey chocolate chip cake that is a cross between a cookie and a cake. So simple to make and the addition of chickpeas and protein powder means this is a great protein treat.
Makes 1 x 20cm cake / Serves 10
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 40 minutes
What’s Good About It?
Low in sugar, high in protein and fibre this is a delicious, healthy treat but equally great as a breakfast option. The addition of olive oil provides plenty of monounsaturated fats which are known for their anti-inflammatory benefits.
- Grease and line a 20cm spring form cake tin.
- Preheat the oven to 180C
- Place all the ingredients except the chocolate chips in a food processor and process until smooth. If it is too stiff then add a splash of dairy free milk.
- Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Spoon the mixture into the cake tin and smooth the top. If wished add a few extra chocolate chips to the top of the cake.
- Bake in the oven for 30-40 minutes until golden brown. Allow to cool then cut into slices and serve.
Did You Know?
Instead of the apple try mashed banana. Serve this warm or cold. Delicious with coconut yogurt.
2 x cans of chickpeas, drained
120g gluten free self raising flour
120g apple puree
60g olive oil
30g vanilla or chocolate protein powder
2tsp baking powder
1tsp bicarbonate of soda
100g chocolate chips