Who doesn’t love a cookie? These sandwich cookies are filled with a delicious peanut butter cream which is so simple to make. The cookies contain an optional scoop of chocolate protein powder which gives them an extra punch. A perfect treat for a post workout snack.
Difficulty – Easy
Time – 15 minutes preparation, 15-20 minutes cooking
Makes 8 sandwich cookies
What’s good about it?
Using gluten free oat flour is a great way to add soluble fibre to gluten free bakes. If you don’t have chocolate protein powder simply replace with an extra spoonful of cocoa powder.
- Preheat the oven to 180C, Gas mark 4. Grease and line a baking tray.
- In a large bowl or food processor mix together the oat flour, gluten free flour, cocoa powder, protein powder and baking powder. Add the remaining ingredients and enough dairy free milk to make a soft dough.
- Wrap in cling and chill in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Roll out the dough on a lightly floured work surface or use two sheets of greaseproof paper dusted with a little flour.
- Cut up cookies using a round cookie cutter.
- Place on the baking tray and bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes until cooked through.
- Leave to cool on the tray then lift and place on a cooling rack.
- To make the filling simply beat all the ingredients together until smooth. Place in the fridge to firm up.
- Spread or pipe on to a cookie and place another on top to form a sandwich.
- Store in the fridge in an airtight container,
Did You Know?
Why not replace the peanut butter filling for a chocolate filling, Simply melt dairy free chocolate with a little dairy free milk then chill in the fridge to firm up before using.
60g gluten free oats (grind up to form a flour in a food processor)
115g gluten free plain flour
30g cocoa powder
30g vegan chocolate protein powder
4tbsp maple syrup or coconut syrup
1tsp baking powder
75g coconut oil melted
2-3tbsp dairy free milk
125g smooth peanut butter
1tbsp maple syrup
1tbsp melted coconut oil