A delicious moist vegan muffin that is perfect as a healthy snack or breakfast option. Instead of the chocolate chips you could add a handful of chopped nuts or raisins
Difficulty – Easy
Time – 20 minutes cooking
Makes 8 muffins
What’s good about it?
Bananas are naturally rich in fibre and provide sweetness to muffins and cakes. They also help to replace eggs in vegan recipes.
- Preheat the oven to 180° C and line a muffin tray with paper muffin cases.
- Combine the bananas with xylitol, lemon juice, olive oil and nut batter in a bowl. Mix well.
- Beat in the dry ingredients until smooth.
- Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Spoon the batter into the prepared muffin tray. Decorate the tops with dried banana pieces
- Bake for 20 minutes, or golden brown.
- Allow to cool on a rack before eating.
Did You Know?
Instead of chocolate chips try adding chopped walnuts or raisins to the muffin mixture.
2 medium bananas, mashed
75g almond nut butter
1tbsp lemon juice
1tbsp olive oil
75g Gluten free plain flour
1 scoop chocolate protein powder (vegan)
1tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
30g chocolate chips (dairy free)
Dried banana pieces to decorate