Rich and creamy this soup is simple to make and crams in loads of veggies too. Ideal for a warming light meal or lunch you can also store leftovers in the fridge for 1-2 days. Save time and use a bag of frozen butternut squash chunks.
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 50 minutes
What’s Good About It?
Packed with antioxidants butternut squash is rich in vitamin C, A and carotenoids. The chickpeas provide plenty of fibre and protein to this soup.
- Preheat the oven to 190C, Gas mark 5.
- Place the butternut squash chunks in a baking dish and drizzle over 1/2tbsp olive oil. Season with salt and pepper.
- Bake in the oven for 30 minutes.
- Place the butternut squash in a blender with the coconut milk, vegetable stock and nutritional yeast flakes. Blend until smooth.
- Heat the remaining oil in a large pan. Saute the onion, carrots, celery and garlic for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the tin of tomatoes, butternut puree and chickpeas and stir well. Simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add the lasagne sheets press them into the liquid. Cover and cook for 5 minutes until they are soft.
- Stir in the spinach leaves and simmer for 2-3 minutes.
- Spoon the soup into bowls and top with basil leaves and coconut yogurt.
Nutrition per serving 305kcal, Fat 9.6g, Carbohydrates 38.1g, Protein 11.4g
Did You Know?
Swap the chickpeas for butter beans or cannelini beans if wished.
1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
400g butternut squash
200ml coconut milk
200ml Vegetable stock
2 tbsp nutritional yeast
1 onion, chopped
2 carrot, diced
2 celery sticks, diced
3 garlic cloves, crushed
400g can chopped tomatoes
1 x 400g can of chickpeas, drained
6 sheets gluten free lasagne broken in half
100g baby spinach leaves