Naturally sweetened with bananas these oat bars are so much healthier than shop bought cereal bars. Wonderfully moist these are perfect for a grab and go breakfast option for afternoon treat. You can vary the nuts and dried fruit in these bars according to taste.
Difficulty – Easy
Time – 15 minutes preparation, 20-30 minutes cooking
Makes 16 bars
What’s good about it?
Using bananas in baking recipes is a great way to avoid the use of eggs and provides natural sweetness as well as plenty of fibre to support digestive health.
- Grease and line a traybake tin. Preheat the oven to 180C, gas mark 4.
- Place the cacao butter, coconut oil and tahini in a pan and melt over a lower heat.
- Put the bananas and the melted cacao butter mixture in a food processor or blender and process until smooth.
- Put the oats and the other dry ingredients in a large bowl and stir well.
- Pour the banana mixture over the dry ingredients and mix thoroughly.
- Spoon the mixture into the traybake tin and press down firmly with the back of a spoon.
- Bake in the oven for 20-30 minutes until golden brown.
- Allow to cool completely before cutting into bars.
- Store in an airtight container for 3-4 days. They can be frozen for up to 1 month.
Did You Know?
For an omega 3 boost try adding a spoonful of flaxseeds or chia seeds to the mixture. You could also add a scoop of protein powder for a protein boost.
60g cacao butter
60g coconut oil
4 ripe bananas
250g gluten free oats
30g mixed seeds
60g pecan chopped
60g dried cherries