This is a delicious moist gluten free apple bread with vegan white chocolate chips for an indulgent taste. Wonderful warm out the oven topped with dairy free spread or nut butter. Using apple puree is a great way to cram in more fibre as well as providing natural sweetness.
Difficulty – Easy
Time – 15 minutes preparation, 45 minutes cooking time
Makes 1lb loaf tin
What’s good about it?
Apples are rich in soluble fibre and polyphenols which have been shown to support growth of beneficial gut bacteria. Other polyphenol rich foods known to support healthy gut flora include tea, onion, broccoli, berries, chocolate, soy, cranberries and peanuts.
- Preheat the oven to 180C, gas mark 4. Grease and line a 1lb loaf tin.
- Place the dairy free spread or coconut oil in a food processor with the xylitol and process until smooth.
- Add the remaining ingredients except the chocolate chips and process until combined
- Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Spoon the mixture into the loaf tin and smooth the top.
- Bake in the oven for 45 minutes until golden and cooked through. Allow to cool in the tin for 10 minutes before turning out. Slice to serve.
Did You Know?
If you cannot find vegan white chocolate chips use regular chocolate chips instead. Alternatively add dried cranberries or cherries.
Makes 1lb loaf
100g dairy free spread or coconut oil
125g apple puree (I used organic baby pouches)
1tsp vanilla extract
250g gluten free self raising flour
1/4tsp xanthum gum
60ml dairy free milk
1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
1tbsp lemon juice
1tsp baking powder
1 grated apple
50g vegan white chocolate chips