A super easy recipe to make and ideal for using up leftover cooked vegetables in the fridge too. I used a bag of precooked rice for ease. This recipe contains hoisin sauce – if you are gluten free please check labels carefully as many contain wheat. I use a chilled Hoisin and Plum Sauce from Tesco which is gluten free.
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
What’s Good About It?
Using firm tofu provides plenty of protein to this dish. You could use cooked chicken or cooked beans instead if wished. Choose wholegrain rice for a higher fibre content.
- Drain the tofu and press between kitchen paper or a clean tea towel. Cut into 1inch cubes,.
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan. Saute the tofu until lightly golden then remove from the pan.
- In the same pan add the onion, pepper and broccoli florets. Cook gently for 5 minutes to soften the vegetables.
- Mix together the sauce ingredients and add to the pan with the packet of rice. Cover the pan and allow to simmer for a couple of minutes until the rice is cooked through. If needed add a splash of water.
- Add the tofu back to the pan and heat through. Top with spring onions and coriander leaves.
Nutrition per serving 270kcal, Fat 9.4g, Carbohydrate 30.7g, Protein 13g
Did You Know?
Use any cooked leftover vegetables in this dish. For extra protein add a can of cooked beans too.
1 packet firm tofu (300g)
2tbsp olive oil
1 onion, chopped
1 red pepper, cut into chunks
1 head of broccoli (300g) cut into little florets
1 packet precooked rice (250g)
2tbsp tamari soy sauce
2tbsp hoisin sauce
2 garlic cloves, crushed
1tsp grated ginger
To serve: spring onions, chopped
Coriander leaves, chopped