This is a fabulous meal prep recipe. I am a great fan of batch cooking and prepping meals ahead of time. This means you always have something healthy to eat when you are rushed or feel too tired for cooking. For a vegan option replace the meatballs with cooked lentils, edamame beans or pan fried firm tofu.
Preparation 15 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
What’s Good About It?
Meal prepping is one of the best ways to save time and money as well as sticking to a meal plan. Turkey mince is a very lean, high protein option. You could use lean beef or lamb mince instead of turkey mince if you wish.
- Make the meatballs. Put all the ingredients for the meatballs in a large bowl and mix together with your hands. Add enough breadcrumbs or oats to bind the mixture.
- Shape into meatballs. Heat the oil in a frying pan and cook the meatballs in batches until golden and cooked through, about 8-10 minutes
- Whisk all the ingredients together for the sauce in a small bowl. Pour the sauce ingredients into a small pan and cook for 3-4 minutes to thicken.
- Divide the meatballs into 4 meal prep containers. Divide the broccoli and rice between the containers.
- Pour over the sauce and garnish with sesame seeds.
- Refrigerate if not eating immediately. This will keep in the fridge for up to 3 days.
Nutrition per serving with rice and broccoli. 451Kcal, Fat 7.6g, Carbs 56.1g, Protein 36.5g
Nutrition per serving using 100g cooked lentils instead of meatballs 362kcal, Fat 3.1g, Carbs 60.5g, Protein 17.9g
Did You Know?
Instead of meatballs for a vegan option use pan fried tofu pieces instead. Allow 100g cooked tofu, beans or lentils per person.
400g turkey mince
1 egg, beaten
3tbsp gluten free oats or breadcrumbs
salt and pepper
1tbsp olive oil for frying
4tbsp tamari soy sauce
2tbsp honey or maple syrup
2tbsp rice vinegar
1 garlic clove crushed
1/4 tsp Chinese five spice or ground ginger
To serve: 400g Broccoli steamed
400g cooked rice
sesame seeds to garnish