This is the perfect Summer treat. Really simple to make with a few added superfoods included to make this healthy and delicious. I use a superfood green powder and often some vegan protein powder too. With added spinach leaves it’s an easy way to cram in a few more greens too. Using cashew nuts and avocado creates a wonderful creamy texture without the need for dairy.
Difficulty – Easy
Time – 15 minutes plus freezing
Serves – 6
What’s good about it?
Adding in spinach and supergreens powders are a great way to cram in more greens into your diet. Supergreen powders are alkalising and very cleansing for the body helping to support liver detoxification
- Place all the ingredients except the chocolate chips in a high speed blender and process until smooth
- Pour the mixture into an ice cream maker and churn – once it is nearly firm add in the nibs.
- Serve immediately or freeze until required.
- If taking out of the freezer allow the ice cream to stand at room temperature for 15 minutes before serving.
Did you Know?
Instead of cashew nuts you could use a can of coconut milk and remove the coconut water.
- 125g cashew nuts soaked in water for a couple of hours
- 2tsp superfood green powder
- Handful of spinach leaves
- 1 ripe avocado chopped
- 1tbsp vanilla protein powder
- 60g xylitol
- Handful of mint leaves
- 250ml coconut water
- Dash peppermint extract to taste
- 30g coconut oil softened
- 50g raw cacao nibs or dairy free, sugar free chocolate chips