I love chia seeds- these nutrient packed nuggets are so versatile and incredibly rich in omega 3 fats, protein plus minerals including plenty of calcium and iron. I use them in so many recipes but one of the quickest is a chia pudding.
This recipe is great for detoxing and supporting gut health. I love using Pro Greens (Allergy Research) it is an amazing combination of supergreens plus probiotics.
This is a perfect speedy breakfast option – prepare it the night before then chill overnight in the fridge to thicken
Preparation time: 5 minutes plus chilling overnight
Serves – 2
What’s good about it?
A great prepare ahead breakfast option. Chia seeds are packed with fibre, protein and omega 3 fats to create a healthy and filling breakfast.
- Blend the milk, xylitol, vanilla, cinnamon, protein powder and green superfood together in a blender till smooth.
- Place the chia seeds in a bowl.
- Pour the liquid over the chia seeds. Stir thoroughly.
- Leave for 15 minutes to thicken before eating or place in the fridge overnight and serve in the morning
- For a smoother texture place in a blender and process to form a thick mousse. Top with berries to serve
Nutrition per serving 329kcal, Protein 18.1g, Carbs 44.8g, sugars 3.5g, Fat 13.7g, saturates 0.9g
Did you Know?
For a energy boost try using matcha green tea powder instead of the ProGreens
500ml almond milk or coconut milk
2 tbsp xylitol or 6 dates, pitted
1tbsp vanilla extract
pinch of cinnamon, optional
30g / 1 scoop Vanilla protein powder
2tsp supergreen powder or scoop of Pro greens (ARG)
5 tbsp chia seeds
Fresh or frozen Berries to serve