This recipe comes from my Brain Boost Diet Book. These crunchy chickpeas make an ideal nourishing snack and a perfect alternative to crisps. You can flavour with a range of spices according to what you have available.
Serves 4 as a snack
Preparation time : 5 minutes
Cooking time: 20-30 minutes
What’s Good About It?
The combination of protein and fibre in chickpeas make them an idea snack – they help to stabilise blood sugar and keep you feeling fuller for longer. They also provide a good source of folate, iron, phosphorous and manganese making them a great nutritious snack option.
- Preheat the oven to 180C, gas mark 4.
- Drain and rinse the chickpeas
- Pat them dry on kitchen paper and place in a bowl
- Add the oil and spices and toss to coat
- Arrange in a single layer on a baking tray and bake for 20-30 minutes until golden and crisp.
- Allow to cool
- Store in an airtight container. They will keep for up to 3-4 days
Did You Know?
Save the chickpea water (known as aquafaba) this is excellent for making a range of vegan dishes including pancakes and meringues.
1 x 400g can of chickpeas, drained
1tsp olive oil
1/2 tsp ground cumin
½ tsp smoked paprika
½ tsp garlic salt
pinch of black pepper