This spicy chicken bake is simple to prepare and uses a homemade buffalo sauce much lower in sugar than traditional shop bought cook in sauces. Cooking the chicken in the sauce keeps it wonderfully moist. You could shred the chicken and toss in a salad with the sauce or use it to fill taco shells or baked sweet potatoes.
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 1 hour
What’s Good About It?
A simple one pot dish packed with flavour. Packed with protein and low in sugar this is a fabulous energising dish.
- Preheat the oven to 160C, gas mark 3
- In a casserole dish place the hot sauce, butter, soy sauce, tomatoes, black pepper and garlic salt and stir well. Heat gently.
- Add the onion and chicken breasts and coat in the sauce.
- Place the lid on the casserole dish and bake in the oven for 1 hour until the chicken is really soft.
- Shred the chicken if wished and serve with baked sweet potatoes and salad or use to fill tacos
Nutrition per serving 186kcal, Fat 4.9g, Carbohydrates 8.4g, Protein 26.4g
Did You Know?
You could cook the chicken in a slow cooker instead of in the oven if wished. This is a great dish for making in bulk. The chicken is delicious served cold in salads.
150g hot pepper sauce or Nandos sauce
1tbsp butter or dairy free spread
2tbsp tamari soy sauce
1/4 tsp garlic salt
4 chicken breasts cut in half lengthways if large
1 onion cut into chunks