This is a super easy pan cooked pizza with minimal ingredients. Cooked in a pan before placing the under grill this is so quick it could be made for breakfast. Using coconut flour keeps the base paleo friendly as well as gluten free. I like to add herbs and garlic salt in the base but vary the flavourings according to taste. If you want the whole recipe to be paleo omit the cheese. For those who are dairy free you could always use a dairy free cheese.
Difficulty – Easy
Time – 5 minutes preparation, 5 minutes cooking
Serves – 1
What’s good about it?
Coconut flour is high in fibre, protein and healthy fats and is free from wheat and other grains. It also has a low glycemic index meaning it won’t disrupt blood sugar levels too much. A great alternative in breads and baking to regular flours.
- Whisk together the eggs and egg white with the spices and herbs.
- Tip in the coconut flour and olive oil and whisk to form a smooth thick batter. It should be quick thick – if your eggs are very small then you made need to add a splash of almond milk to the batter
- Heat a little olive oil in a frying pan. When hot pour in the batter and use the back of a spoon to form a circle. Place a lid over the pan and allow the batter to cook for a couple of minutes until the sides turn golden brown.
- Carefully flip over the base and cook for a further minute.
- Preheat your grill to high
- Scatter over your toppings and place under the grill for a couple of minutes until golden.
Did You Know?
You can use the same recipe for the base to make a sweet flatbread – add a little xylitol and cinnamon to the mixture.
1 egg white
Flavourings – garlic salt, onion powder, dried basil or parsley etc
2tbsp coconut flour
1tbsp olive oil
Toppings: grated cheese, sliced olives, tomatoes, spinach, spring onions, tomato passata etc