With little preparation or time spent cooking these are an ideal fuss free supper dish. You can vary the salad ingredients according to what you have in the fridge. Any leftover fish can also be added to a salad the next day. For a vegan option use chunks of firm tofu instead of the fish.
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
What’s Good About It?
Fish is an excellent high lean protein food and is packed with B vitamins and selenium which is important for support immune function and detoxification.
- Preheat the oven to 220C, gas mark 7.
- Place the spices in a large bowl and mix.
- Cut the cod into thick chunky slices and coat in the spices then place on a lightly greased baking tray.
- Drizzle over a little olive oil.
- Bake in the oven for 10 minutes or until cooked through. Just at the end of cooking place your tortillas in the oven to warm through
- Mix together the yogurt with the fresh herbs and lemon. Season with salt and black pepper
- Assemble your salad ingredients – sliced onion, lettuce, sweetcorn relish, avocado, tomatoes are all delicious
- Place your salad ingredients on the warm tacos, top with the fish and drizzle over some yogurt to serve.
Nutrition per serving 338kcal, Fat 10.9g, Carbohydrates 26.2g, Protein 32.2g
Did You Know?
You could make this vegan by roasting chunks of tofu in the spices instead of the fish. You will need to cook the tofu for longer – about 20 minutes until golden. Use Coconut yogurt instead of Greek yogurt in the dressing.
4 skinless and boneless cod or haddock fillets (about 600g in total)
2tsp ground cumin
2tsp smoked paprika
1/2 tsp onion powder
salt and pepper
2tbsp olive oil
4 gluten free tortillas
6tbsp Greek yogurt or dairy free yogurt
1-2tbsp chopped herbs (e.g parsley, basil, coriander)
1tsp lemon juice
salt and pepper to taste
Salad ingredients – shredded lettuce, sliced onion, avocado, sweetcorn, tomatoes etc to serve