This is such a delicious way to prepare chicken breasts. Poaching them keeps them wonderfully moist and easy to shred. They are then tossed into a flavoursome homemade barbecue sauce which is much lower in sugar than shop bought versions. You can make the sauce in advance and keep in the fridge for up to 1 week. It can also be frozen making it ideal for preparing in large batches. You can use the sauce in a wide range of recipes including my easy vegan meatballs. If you have a cook expert by Magimix this can all be prepared very easily in the metal bowl. See details below
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes / 30 minutes in cook expert
What’s Good About It?
This is such an easy way to create flavoursome chicken without shop bought sauces. Chicken is a great protein packed food rich in selenium, zinc and B vitamins to support energy, muscle mass and immune health.
- Place the chicken breasts in a saucepan and cover with hot water. Bring to the boil then cover and simmer for 15 minutes with the lid on. At the end of cooking turn off the heat and allow the chicken to sit in the hot water for a further 5 minutes.
- Remove from the pan then shred on a wooden board with two forks. Place the chicken in a large bowl.
- Make up the barbecue sauce following the instructions.
- Spoon some of the sauce over the chicken and mix thoroughly. Any remaining sauce can be kept in the fridge for up to 1 week or frozen for up to 1 month.
- This chicken is delicious served in rolls or as part of a salad. You can keep the prepared chicken in the fridge for 2-3 days.
COOK EXPERT INSTRUCTIONS
- Make up the barbecue sauce. Place the onion and garlic with a dash of oil and chop – select EXPERT 30 seconds / speed 11 / no temperature. Add the remaining ingredients for the sauce into the metal bowl and select EXPERT 15 minutes / 2A / 100C. At the end of cooking if you want a smoother sauce simply blitz at speed 12 for 30 seconds. Pour the sauce into a jug.
- There is no need to wash the metal bowl. Place the chicken breasts in the metal bowl and cover with hot water. Place on the lid and select EXPERT 15 minutes / 0 speed / 100C.
- Once cooked allow the chicken to sit in the water for 5 minutes then drain.
- Place one of the chicken breasts back into the metal bowl. Select EXPERT speed 12 / no temperature and blitz for a few seconds to shred. Place in a glass bowl. Repeat with the remaining chicken breast and place in the bowl. Pour some of the sauce over the chicken and toss to coat. Any extra sauce can be kept in the fridge for 1 week or frozen for up to 1 month.
Did You Know?
This shredded chicken is perfect for meal prep. Make up a batch and serve with salads or steamed vegetables and cooked rice. It would also be delicious as a filling for baked potatoes.
2 chicken breasts, skinless
1 batch of barbecue sauce
Serve with salad and rolls