I love sheet pan cooking – simple and very little effort. This wonderful Pesto Chicken is a delicious way to enjoy a high protein, low carb meal. Leftovers are great added to salad the following day too. Use a dairy free pesto if needed.
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 30 minutes
What’s Good About It?
A simple one pan dish – including a selection of colourful vegetables is a great way to increase your intake of essential vitamins, minerals and antioxidants. Chicken is a great source of energising protein, B vitamins, iron and selenium.
- Preheat the oven to 190C, gas mark 5.
- Place the chicken, peppers and courgettes in one bowl and the broccoli and tomatoes in another bowl
- Mix the pesto with the olive oil and lemon juice and divide between the two bowls. Toss with your hands to coat thoroughly.
- Spread the chicken with the courgettes and peppers on a lightly greased tray – you may need two trays.
- Bake the chicken for 15 minutes. Stir then add the broccoli and tomatoes.
- Return to the oven and bake for a further 15 minutes until the chicken is cooked through.
Did You Know?
For a vegan option replace the chicken with 400g firm tofu cut into large chunks.
1tbsp olive oil
1/2 jar , about 100g of prepared pesto (I used a dairy free pesto)
Juice of 1 lemon
4 chicken breasts, cut into large strips or chunks
2 courgettes, thickly sliced
1 red pepper, cut into large chunks
1 yellow pepper, cut into large chunks
Sea salt and black pepper
100g broccoli florets
Handful of cherry tomatoes