This is a speedy breakfast or lunch option. If serving for lunch accompany with a large mixed salad. I like to use the silken tofu but firm tofu can also be used.
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 5 minutes
What’s Good About It?
Packed with protein tofu is a great vegan option to ensure sufficient protein. Tofu also provides magnesium, calcium for bone health and B vitamins to keep you energised.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan and add the spring onions, garlic, mushrooms and pepper.
- Sauté gently over a medium heat for 2-3 minutes until the pepper has softened.
- Crumble over the tofu and stir into the vegetables with the spices, salt and pepper, and soy sauce
- Stir for 3-4 minutes until the tofu begins to turn golden.
- Add the spinach and tomato and stir for a minute until the spinach has wilted.
- Spoon on to a plate to serve.
Calories per serving 202kcal, Fat 11.9g, Carbs 4.6g, Protein 18g.
Did You Know?
Use leftover vegetables if wished to add to the tofu for a speedy breakfast option. The nutritional yeast flakes are fortified with B vitamins – try and look for the one that also contains added B12 which can be lacking in a vegan diet.
1 tsp olive oil
1 garlic clove crushed
2 spring onions, chopped
3 mushrooms sliced
½ red pepper finely chopped
200g silken or firm tofu, drained
Pinch of smoked paprika
Pinch of turmeric
Sea salt and black pepper to taste
drizzle tamari soy sauce
1tbsp nutritional yeast flakes, optional
1 tomato chopped
handful baby spinach leaves