Delicious warm or cold this salad is super easy to throw together and robust enough for making ahead of time too. I have flavoured the cauliflower with a little zaatar spice but a little cumin would work equally well. Just add some protein and you have a comforting meal in a bowl.
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 15-20 minutes
What’s Good About It?
Cauliflower is a wonderful nutrient rich vegetable. Part of the cruciferous vegetable family it contains a range of antioxidants including glucosinolates known to support detoxification pathways.
- Preheat the oven to 220C, Gas mark 7.
- Make up the dressing by placing all the ingredients in a small bowl and whisking together. You can store this in the fridge for up to 1 week. Ideal for using in other salads or drizzling over cooked vegetables.
- Cut the cauliflower into little florets. Place in a large bowl. Drizzle with olive oil and cumin / zaatar, salt and pepper and toss with your hands.
- Spread the cauliflower out on to a lightly greased baking tray. Place in the oven and bake for around 15 minutes until golden and cooked – you still want them to have a little bite.
- Meanwhile blanch the green beans for a couple of minutes then drain.
- Divide the greens between two bowls. Scatter over the green beans and top with the cauliflower.
- Scatter over the pomegranate and walnuts. Drizzle with a little dressing just before serving.
Nutrition per serving 334kcal, Fat 25.2g, Carbohydrates 13.2g, Protein 9.5g
Did You Know?
You could use a combination of olive oil and walnut oil in this dressing. For an easy vegan protein option toss in a can of cooked butterbeans or chickpeas.
1tsp cumin or zaatar spice
1tbsp olive oil
salt and pepper
150g green beans, trimmed and cut in half
30g pomegranate seeds
30g toasted nuts e.g walnuts or seeds
Lambs lettuce or other salad greens (180g)
2tbsp olive oil
1tsp maple syrup
1/4tsp cumin powder
salt and pepper
1 tbsp sherry vinegar