A super easy recipe to create with minimal washing up. The Cod fillets are quickly pan fried and then roasted in the oven with a crumb. Lightly spiced puy lentils provides plenty of fibre to make this dish really satisfying.
Difficulty – Easy
Time – 15 minutes preparation, 20 minutes cooking
What’s good about it?
Cod is a easy to digest high protein option and packed with B vitamins important for energy production and selenium to support immune health and detoxificiation.
- Preheat the oven to 220°C/fan 200°C/gas mark 7.
- Make the spiced lentils. Cook the lentils in a pan of simmering water for 20 minutes, or until tender.
- After 15 minutes, mix the olive oil for the fish with the curry powder or cumin powder. Brush all over the cod and season.
- Heat an ovenproof frying pan over a medium-high heat. Grease with a little oil and add the cod, meaty-side down. Fry for 2 minutes until light golden brown, turn over and transfer the pan to the oven. Scatter over the breadcrumbs and parmesan if using. Roast for 5 minutes until cooked.
- Drain the lentils. Heat the oil in a clean pan. Add the garlic, chili and cumin. Once sizzling, stir in the lentils, onion and stock, until warmed through. Add the lemon juice and season to taste. Stir in the coriander.
- Spoon onto warmed plates. Place the cod on top.
- Serve with salad and steamed veggies.
Did You Know?
For a vegan option top with puy lentils with pan fried chunks of tofu.
2 tbsp. olive oil, plus extra for greasing
2 tsp mild curry powder or cumin powder
4 x 150g pieces thick cod fillet
4tbsp gluten free breadcrumbs
2tbsp Parmesan cheese grated (optional)
For the spiced puy lentils
200g puy lentils
1 tbsp. olive oil
2 large garlic cloves, finely chopped
1 medium-hot red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
1⁄2 tsp ground cumin
1 small red onion, finely chopped
4 tbsp. fresh chicken stock or vegetable stock
Lemon juice, to taste
3 tbsp. chopped fresh coriander