This is a healthy paleo version of oreo cookies. The addition of protein powder also gives these a great protein boost for an ideal post workout snack. These are filled with coconut cream but you could simply just fill them with jam instead if wished.
Difficulty – Easy
Time 5 minutes preparation plus 15 minutes cooking time
What’s good about it?
Raw cacao powder is a great source of magnesium to help support muscle and nerve function. It also contains plenty of B vitamins for energy production, flavonoids and vitamin E.
- Preheat the oven to 180C, gas mark 4. Line a baking tray with baking parchment.
- Place all the ingredients in a bowl and beat well to form a sticky dough.
- Take small pieces of the mixture and roll into balls. Flatten down and place on the baking sheet.
- Bake in the oven for 15 minutes until golden and firm. Cool completely.
- Mix together the yogurt and jam and spoon onto one of the cookies. Top with another cookie to form a sandwich. Repeat with the remaining cookies. These can be kept in the fridge but will soften once filled.
Did You Know?
Place a can of full fat coconut milk in the fridge and chill for a few hours. The thick part at the top is the coconut cream for the filling. You could spread the biscuits with ice cream if wished for an iced version.
Makes 3-4 oreos (6-8 cookies)
30g coconut flour
60g chocolate protein powder
30g raw cacao powder
1tsp baking powder
2 eggs beaten
3-4 tbsp thick coconut cream – from the top of a can
1tsp vanilla extract