How delicious does this look? Packed with protein this is the perfect chocolate treat to keep in the fridge. Just slice when you fancy a piece. You can also freeze this for up to 3 months if wished. This is also the perfect recipe for using up leftover nuts and dried fruit you have in the cupboard. Keep it vegan if wished with a chocolate vegan protein powder.
Makes 1x 2lb bar – about 12 slices
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Chilling time: 1 hour
What’s Good About It?
Packed with protein, healthy fats and fibre this is a delicious chocolate treat and ideal for post workout snacks. Adding the oats also provides plenty of soluble fibre to support gut microbiome and digestive health.
- Line a 2lb loaf tin with baking parchment and leave it overhanging so that it is easier to remove the bar.
- Place the oats and nuts in a food processor and blitz to break down until very fine.
- Add the remaining ingredients except the white chocolate chips and process until the mixture starts to come together – it should be slightly moist when squeezed.
- Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Spread the mixture out into the loaf pan and press down firmly. Place in the freezer for 30 minutes to harden.
- Melt the chocolate and coconut oil in a pan over a low heat. Pour over the bar and spread out.
- Place in the fridge to set.
- Cut into slices to serve.
Did You Know?
If you do not have cacao butter then use coconut oil instead.
200g nuts lightly toasted (not necessary to toast but adds more flavour)
125g gluten free oats
200g dried fruit
30g raw cacao or cocoa powder
60g chocolate protein powder
2 tsp pure vanilla extract
40g cacao butter melted
40g coconut oil melted
4tbsp maple syrup
100g white chocolate chips (dairy free if needed)
200g dark chocolate chips
1tsp coconut oil