Creamy, no bake and no added sugar these are a fabulous healthy treat for the whole family. Ideal if you need a post workout pick me up and a great choice for hungry children after school. Keep these vegan by using a vegan protein powder if wished. These will keep in the fridge for 1 week and can be frozen for up to 3 months.
Makes 16 bars
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Chilling time: 1 hour
What’s Good About It?
Using bananas is a great way to provide sweetness and fibre without the need for sugar or syrups. Instead of oats you could use quinoa flakes or buckwheat flakes instead.
- Line a 20cm square tin with parchment paper.
- Place the peanut butter, coconut oil and cacao butter in a small pan and heat gently to melt the oil and cacao butter. Beat well with a spoon
- Place in the food processor with the remaining ingredients
- Process well to form a soft dough.
- Spoon the mixture into the tin and press down firmly. Place in the freezer for 30 mins to firm up.
- In a small pan melt the chocolate and coconut oil. Pour the chocolate over the bar and smooth the top.
- Place in the fridge to set.
- Cut into bars to serve. These will keep in the fridge for up to 1 week.
Did You Know?
For extra texture try stirring in a few seeds into the mixture or chocolate chips before pressing into the tin. Instead of peanut butter you could use any natural nut butter or tahini.
Makes 16 bars
100g cacao butter
100g coconut oil
300g natural peanut butter
50g vanilla protein powder
200g gluten free oats
300g dark chocolate (dairy free if needed)
2tsp coconut oil