A creamy, rich tasting vegan soup. Packed with vegetables and chickpeas for fibre and protein this is a wonderful hearty, warming soup. Substantial enough on its own or serve with a side salad and crackers or toast.
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 25 minutes
What’s Good About It?
The perfect one pot meal, packed with fibre to support healthy blood sugar levels plus antioxidants to support immune health
- First make up the sauce. Place all the ingredients in a blender and blitz to combine.
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan. Saute the onion, mushrooms and pepper for 3-4 minutes.
- Tip in the rest of the ingredients except the kale and spring onions and pour in the sauce.
- Bring the mixture to the boil then cover and simmer for 20 minutes until the vegetables are softened.
- Stir in the kale and spring onion and wilt for a minute. Season to taste.
CE MAGIMIX INSTRUCTIONS
- Place all the sauce ingredients in the metal bowl. Select EXPERT 1 minute/speed 10 / no heat.
- Remove the sauce into a jug.
- Add the olive oil to the bowl with the onion, mushrooms and peppers. Select EXPERT 1 minute / 2A / 100C
- Tip in the rest of the ingredients except the kale and spring onions. Stir in the sauce.
- Select COOKING SIMMERING and set the speed to 1A.
- At the end of cooking stir in the kale and spring onion and select EXPERT 1 minute / 3 / 100C
- Season to taste before serving.
Nutrition per serving: 310kcal, Fat 15.2g, Carbohydrates 24.7g, Protein 14g
Did You Know?
Vary the vegetables according to taste. For a little more spice you could add in a chopped chilli with the onion.
1 tsp chopped garlic (3 garlic cloves)
1 can chopped tomatoes
600ml vegetable stock
4tbsp peanut butter
4tbsp tamari soy sauce
1/2 tsp smoked paprika
dash of chilli flakes to taste
1tbsp olive oil
1 onion, chopped
2 red peppers, roughly chopped
150g mushrooms thickly sliced
250g butternut squash chunks (I used bag of frozen)
1 can chickpeas drained
handful of chopped kale
2 spring onions, chopped
Black pepper to taste