I love one pot meals – super easy to throw together and a fabulous time saver. You could also double this recipe for freezing or dinner the next day. Serve with rice or cauliflower rice and a salad for a perfect weekday meal.
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 1 hour
What’s Good About It?
Peanut butter provides a wonderful creaminess with the coconut milk in this dish to keep it dairy free. Look for a peanut butter without additives or sugars. You can replace the peanut butter with other nut butters if preferred.
- Preheat the oven to 180C, gas mark 4
- Place the chicken pieces or mini fillets in a large ovenproof casserole dish with a lid.
- Scatter over the onion and butternut squash.
- Place the sauce ingredients in a blender and process until smooth and creamy.
- Pour over the chicken and give it a quick stir.
- Put the lid on and cook in the oven for 30 minutes. Remove the lid and stir in the broccoli and kale.
- Place the lid back on and cook for another 30 minutes.
- Scatter over peanuts and chopped pickled chilli if wished to serve.
Nutrition per serving
Did You Know?
There is no reason why you cannot make this vegan – replace chicken with 2 cans of chickpeas and omit the fish sauce. You could add all the ingredients at the beginning and cook for 30-40 minutes.
500g chicken breasts cut into large pieces or use mini fillets
1 onion thickly sliced.
500g frozen or fresh butternut squash chunks
1 head of broccoli, cut into small florets
2 large handfuls of chopped kale.
3tbsp Peanut butter (60g)
1 x can coconut milk (light)
2tbsp Red Thai Curry paste
1 garlic clove
1tsp grated ginger
2tbsp tamari soy sauce
1tbsp fish sauce
To serve: roasted peanuts, pickled chillies, chopped coriander leaves.
Rice or cauliflower rice
Nutrition per serving (6 servings) 295kcal, Fat 13g, Carbohydrates 14.3g, Protein 27.5g (without rice)
Nutrition per serving (4 servings) 442kcal, Fat 19.4g, Carbohydrates 21.4g, Protein 41.2g (without rice)