A delicious gluten free cookie that takes minutes to prepare. With just a handful of ingredients this recipe is perfect if you want to encourage your children to get cooking too.
Makes 6 cookies
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
What’s Good About It?
A great combination of healthy fats and protein from the peanut butter plus fibre with the gluten free oats. These cookies are low in sugar and will keep you feeling energised.
- Line a baking tray with greaseproof paper. Preheat the oven to 180C, gas mark 4.
- Place the oats, flour, baking powder and salt in a mixing bowl. Mix well.
- Beat in the vanilla extract and egg then stir in the peanut butter. You should have a soft dough.
- Use an ice cream scoop to scoop the dough into rounds on the baking tray.
- Press down each cookie with a fork.
- Bake in the oven for 15 minutes until golden. Allow to cool on the tray for 5 minutes before lifting onto a wire rack.
- Store in an airtight container. They will also freeze well.
Did You Know?
If you want to avoid eggs you can replace the egg with 1/2 mashed banana.
30g gluten free oats
40g gluten free plain flour
pinch of sea salt
1/2 tsp baking powder
1tsp vanilla extract
125g smooth or crunchy peanut butter (or other nut butter)