This is truly addictive! A fabulous grain free granola using fresh and dried fruit to naturally sweeten the mixture. I love serving this with almond milk or using it with coconut yogurt and berries in a parfait. It’s also delicious as a snack!
Difficulty – Easy
Time – 15 minutes preparation, 35-40 minutes cooking
Serves – 12
What’s good about it?
A fabulous nut based granola higher in protein and healthy fats than traditional grain based options. This makes an easy snack too and delicious topped over coconut yogurt.
- Ideally if time preheat the oven to 180C. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper, foil, or silicone liners.
- In a food processor or high speed blender, add the pineapple, dates, orange juice, vanilla, cinnamon and coconut oil and blitz until smooth – it should form a thick paste.
- Put the dry ingredients in a large bowl. Pour over the pineapple paste and mix thoroughly with your hands. Spread out on the baking sheets evenly. Bake for 35-40minutes stirring occasionally. Add in some goji berries if wished once cool. Store in an airtight container.
Did you Know?
You can use any nuts and seeds in this recipe. Instead of pineapple try blending up ripe pears or banana instead.
- 1 cup fresh pineapple, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 10 soft dates chopped
- 2 tbsp fresh orange juice
- 1tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ cup coconut oil, melted
- 3 cups raw almonds – use a combination of chopped, sliced, flakes
- 3 cups raw coconut flakes
- 1 cup raw macadamia nuts, roughly chopped
- ½ cup sunflower seeds
- ½ cup pumpkin seeds
- ½ tsp sea salt
- Optional – goji berries to add once cooked