These are scrummy little protein balls of goodness! Such a simple recipe and the variations are endless. I used a chocolate protein powder for one batch and then cappucino flavour for another. You can simply chill them once made or coat them in extra chocolate to make a chocolate truffle. These are pefect as a pick me up snack and great for post work fuel too.
Difficulty – Easy
Time – 15 minutes plus chilling time
Makes about 8 balls
What’s good about it?
Coconut flour provides plenty of fibre for these snacks which together with the protein is a great way to stabilise blood sugar levels and keep energy levels balanced.
- Spoon the coconut flour and protein powder into a bowl. Stir in the coconut oil, vanilla, maca if using, cinnamon and salt. Mix thoroughly to form a soft dough.
- Bring it together with your hands. Take walnut size pieces and roll them into balls.
- Chill the balls on a little greaseproof paper in the fridge to harden or you can freeze them if you are going to dip them in chocolate – this makes it easier to coat.
- Dip in melted chocolate if wished then place in the fridge to harden.
- These will keep in the fridge for a week
Did you Know?
You can make your own dairy free chocolate by using raw cacao butter, raw cacao powder and a little sweetener like sweet freedom or coconut syrup. These balls can be frozen if wished and make an ideal festive treat too.