A super easy loaf cake that is paleo friendly and low in sugar. The dairy free cream cheese frosting is low in sugar and is a delicious options for a range of cakes and bars. You can keep this cake in the fridge for 3-5 days although it is unlikely to last that long!
Makes 1 x 2lb loaf
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 50 minutes
What’s Good About It?
The combination of coconut flour and almond flour provides plenty of fibre and keeps the cake wonderfully moist. Using xylitol or erythritol helps keep the sugar content down in this recipe.
- Preheat the oven to 180C, gas mark 4. Grease and line a 2lb loaf tin
- Place all the ingredients except the pecans for the cake in a food processor and process until smooth.
- Add the pecan nuts and pulse to chop finely.
- Pour the batter into the loaf tin and smooth the top.
- Bake in the oven for 50 minutes or until cooked through
- Allow the cake to cool in the tin. Once cool place on a wire rack and cool completely.
- Meanwhile make up the frosting. Place all the ingredients in the food processor and process until smooth.
- Spread the frosting on the top of the cake and decorate with a few chopped pecans.
- Store in the fridge for up to 3-5 days
Did You Know?
For additional flavour add a few raisins to the batter or replace the pecan nuts for other chopped nuts of choice.
130g dairy free spread, butter or coconut oil
60g xylitol or erythritol
150g almond flour
30g coconut flour
1 carrot grated
1tbsp baking powder
1tsp ground cinnamon
pinch of salt
1/4 tsp each ground ginger, ground cloves
225g dairy free cream cheese
30g fine erythritol
1tsp vanilla extract