A simple combination of white fish, olives, tomatoes and peppers makes this a wonderful speedy one pot dish for busy weekdays.
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
What’s Good About It?
A flavour packed dish with just a handful of ingredients. High in protein and rich in antioxidants this is a fabulous low carb healthy weekday meal.
- Heat the olive oil in a casserole dish or saute pan and fry the onion and garlic for 3-4 minutes over a low heat to soften.
- Add the red pepper and stir to coat in the oil.
- Tip in the olives and tomatoes and season with salt and pepper. Simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add the fish fillets pressing them into the sauce. Cover and simmer for 8 minutes until cooked.
- Garnish with Basil leaves to serve.
Nutrition per serving: 161kcal, Fat 5.1g, Carbohydrates 7.8g, Protein 19.5g
Did You Know?
You could substitute the cod for other firm white fish such as coley or haddock.
1tbsp olive oil
1 onion, roughly chopped
1 garlic chopped
1 red pepper, sliced
1 x 400g can chopped tomatoes
75g pitted sliced green olives
Sea salt and black pepper
4 thick cod fillets (fresh or frozen)
Basil leaves to garnish