A simple no bake slice packed with protein and healthy fats. These are so easy to prepare and make an ideal post workout snack or after school treat. These will keep in the fridge for up to 1 week and can also be frozen. Instead of tahini you could use any nut or seed butter.
Makes 16 bars
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Chilling time: 30 minutes
What’s Good About It?
Tahini is rich in protein and a great source of B vitamins that boost energy and brain function, vitamin E, which is protective against heart disease and stroke, and important minerals, such as magnesium, iron and calcium. It is an ideal way to boost your calcium intake if you are avoiding dairy.
- Place the dates or sultanas in boiling water for 5 minutes then drain,
- Place the oats, protein powder and superfood in a food processor and blend until very fine.
- Add the dates, tahini, vanilla and salt and process to form a dough. If it is too dry add a little water to form a soft dough.
- Line a 20cm square tin with baking parchment paper. Place the dough in the pan and press down firmly. Place in the fridge or freezer to firm up for 30 minutes.
- Melt the chocolate chips in a saucepan with the coconut oil.
- Remove the tin from the freezer. Pour over the chocolate and smooth the surface. Place in the fridge to firm up.
- Once firm cut into slices.
Nutrition per slice 254kcal, Fat 10.8g, Carbohydrates 29.9g, Protein 7.6g
Did You Know?
For a chocolate base try using chocolate protein powder and a spoonful of cocoa powder.
225g pitted soft dates or sultanas
250g gluten free oats
60g protein powder
1tbsp maca or other superfood
2tsp vanilla extract
Pinch of sea salt
250g chocolate chips
2tsp coconut oil