A delicious Paleo, Gluten free bread packed with antioxidants thanks to the addition of Matcha green tea powder. I absolutely love matcha green tea and often mix it into chia puddings, smoothies, nut milks, coconut yogurt for a quick, instant energy boost. Matcha green tea is so much more potent that regular green tea infusion as you are consuming the whole leaf ground up. One glass of matcha is the equivalent of drinking ten glasses of regular green tea. It is packed with antioxidants including catechins especially epigallocatechin gallate known for their cancer fighting properties.
Difficulty – Easy
Time – 15 minutes preparation, 40 minutes cooking
Serves – 10
What’s good about it?
Matcha powder is also ideal to aid focus and concentration too since matcha is rich in L-Theanine, an amino acid that actually promotes a state of relaxation and well-being by acting upon the brains functioning. This is a delicious bread served sliced spread with nut butter or coconut oil and great toasted too.
- Preheat oven to 180C. Grease a loaf pan.
- In large bowl or food processor, combine the almond flour, coconut flour, flaxseed, baking powder, sugar, green tea powder, ginger, allspice, and cinnamon and mix well.
- In small bowl, whisk the eggs, vanilla, coconut milk, orange juice
- Pour egg mixture into almond meal/flour mixture and mix well.
- Pour the batter into the tin and place in oven. Bake for 40 minutes or until toothpick withdraws dry. Remove and cool.
- Delicious sliced with a little nut butter or coconut oil
Did you Know?
For additional texture try adding some shelled hemp seeds or mulberries or goji berries – these are packed with antioxidants while hemp seeds are a rich source of plant based omega 3 fats
Makes 1 loaf
1¼ cup almonds ground up into a flour
½ cup coconut flour
2 tbsp ground flaxseed
1 tsp baking powder
60g Xylitol or Erythritol
1 tbsp matcha green tea powder
1½ tsp ground ginger
1½ tsp ground allspice
1½ tsp ground cinnamon
4 large eggs
1 tbsp vanilla extract
Grated zest from 1 orange + 2 tablespoons squeezed juice
1/2 cup coconut milk