A delicious moist vegan cake. The addition of pureed mango and thick dairy free yogurt creates a wonderful sweetness and richness without the need for eggs. So not only is it gluten free it is also suitable for vegans.
I drizzled over some orange syrup and served it with coconut yogurt for a fabulous dessert.
Makes 1 x 1lb loaf cake
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 55 minutes
What’s Good About It?
Adding mango puree to the cake avoids the need to adds lots of syrups or sugar and keeps the cake wonderfully moist during cooking.
- Preheat oven to 170C, gas mark 3. Grease and line the base of a 1lb loaf tin.
- Place the mango, yogurt, dairy free spread, vanilla and xylitol in a food processor and beat well.
With the processor running gradually add the dry ingredients and mix until smooth.
- Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Transfer the cake batter into the greased loaf pan. Bake for 55 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean in the centre of the cake.
- Allow the cake to cool in the tin completely
- Heat the orange juice with the xylitol in a small saucepan. Bring to a simmer for 3-4 minutes then allow to cool. You can either drizzle this over the top of the cake or serve it alongside the cake with a spoonful of yogurt.
Did You Know?
Store this cake in the fridge for up to 3-4 days. It can also be frozen.
250g mango purée (I defrosted a bag of frozen mango chunks)
130g dairy free yogurt
100g dairy free spread
1 tsp vanilla extract .
220g gluten free self raising flour
50g gluten free oats
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
Pinch of salt
60g white chocolate chips
Juice of 1 orange