This is a beautiful raw cheesecake perfect for an energy kick. I love Macaccino powder which is a delicious blend of raw cacao, maca and spices. There is something comforting and warming about this blend and if you are looking for an alternative to coffee this is a great option. I used Iswari Macaccino Sensual blend in this recipe which has a wonderful spicy kick with the addition of cinnamon, cayenne and cardamom. Of course if you wanted you could also add a spoonful of ground coffee as well for an additional kick!
Difficulty – Medium
Time – 20 minutes preparation, 1-2 hours chilling time
Serves – 10
What’s good about it?
Maca root (lepidium meyenii) is an adaptogen and a member of the cruciferous family, like broccoli and cabbage, but due to it’s unique properties it considered one of the world’s natural “super foods.” Maca is grown high in the mountains of South America, mainly in high altitude regions of Peru. Maca Root benefits include increased fertility in both men and women hormone balance, support for the immune system, and increased energy, stamina, memory, and focus.
- Lightly grease the bottom and sides of a spring form cake tin 20cm / 8inch.
- For the base place the nuts in the food processor and process until fine. Add the remaining ingredients for the base and process so that the mixture comes together.
- Press the mixture into the base of the cake tin and press down firmly. Place in the fridge while you prepare the filling.
- Melt the coconut oil and cacao butter in a small pan. Allow to cool slightly.
- Blend the cashews, coconut milk and xylitol in a high speed blender until smooth. Add the remaining ingredients and blend on high until smooth and creamy.
- Pour the mixture over the base of the cheesecake and smooth the top. Place in the freezer for 1-2 hours until firm or in the fridge for 3-4 hours until set.
- You can serve this as a frozen dessert – just remove from the freezer 30 minutes before you wish to serve to soften slightly. Alternatively serve as a chilled cheesecake from the fridge. Remove from the tin and decorate with melted chocolate and chopped nuts if wished. Cut into slices to serve.
A little bit of cinnamon goes a long way, and its antioxidant abilities are what makes it especially beneficial to include in your diet. As little as 1/2 of one teaspoon of cinnamon daily can have positive effects on blood sugar levels, digestion, immunity, and more.
30g ISWARI Macaccino Sensual powder
2tbsp coconut oil, softened
60g melted chocolate
1tsp vanilla extract
75g coconut oil
125g raw cacao butter
250g raw cashews, soaked in water for 2 hours then drained
250ml coconut milk or coconut kefir
50g ISWARI Macaccino Sensual powder
To Decorate: 100g dairy free chocolate with 1tsp coconut oil melted / Chopped Nuts