This is a fabulous combination – lemon curd and chocolate. Two of my favourite flavours in one gluten free brownie. These are so good and really simple to make – watch our video to see how quick and easy they are.
Makes 16 brownies
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 25 minutes
What’s Good About It?
Using erythritol for sweetness is a great way to reduce the overall carb and sugar content in this recipe. You could use xylitol if preferred.
- Preheat oven to 180C, gas mark 4. Line and grease a 20cm square baking tin.
- In a small pan melt the chocolate, coconut oil and erythritol over a low heat.
- Place all the dry ingredients in a bowl and mix well. Add the chocolate and eggs and beat until smooth.
- In a separate bowl mix together the lemon curd and the yogurt.
- Place spoonfuls of the chocolate brownie mixture into the baking pan – leave some gaps for the lemon curd. Spoon dollops of the lemon curd in to the brownie mixture and then swirl the lemon curd with a knife or a chopstick to create a swirl effect
- Bake the brownie for 25 minutes until golden and cooked through
- Allow to cool in the tin then cut into bars
- Store in an airtight container for a week or in the fridge. It can be also be frozen for up to 3 months.
Did You Know?
You could use orange curd or a fruit jam to replace the lemon curd if wished. These will freeze for up to 3 months,
75g coconut oil
150g dark chocolate
60g erythritol or xylitol
150g gluten free self raising flour
30g cocoa powder
1/2 tsp baking powder
50g almond milk
75g Greek or coconut yogurt
115g Lemon curd