This is a delicious gluten free and paleo friendly cookie. Using ground up almonds provides plenty of protein and fibre to make these filling and satisfying. Instead of chocolate chips you could add some dried cranberries or cherries instead. Perfect healthy treat for packed lunches too.
Difficulty – Easy
Time – 15 minutes cooking
Serves – Makes 12 Cookies
What’s good about it?
Almonds are rich in fibre and provide plenty of magnesium, vitamin E and manganese. They are also high in monounsaturated fat known for its heart healthy and anti-inflammatory benefits
- Place the almonds in a food processor or blender and process to form a fine flour. Place in a bowl with the ginger, salt, bicarbonate of soda and chocolate chips
- Mix together the remaining ingredients then pour into the bowl and mix well.
- Form into walnut size balls and press down lightly to form little cookies.
- Place on a lined baking sheet and bake for 12-15 minutes until lightly golden.
- Allow to cool on the tray for 5 minutes before placing on a cooling rack.
Nutritional Information per cookie 329kcal, Protein 6.9g, Carbohydrates 14.3g of which sugars 13.5g, Total Fat 27.2g of which saturates 9.7g
What’s good about?
Ginger is high in gingerol, a substance with powerful anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties.
300g / 10 1/2 oz / 2 ¼ cups almonds
½ tsp sea salt
2tsp ground ginger
1 stem ginger, finely chopped
½ tsp bicarbonate of soda
175g / 6oz / 1 cup dark chocolate chips, dairy free
50g / 1 ¾ oz / 1/3 cup almond nut butter or tahini
80g / 2 ¾ oz coconut oil melted
60g / 2oz maple syrup, yacon syrup or sweet freedom