Since I posted pictures on instagram showing my homemade gluten free pasta I have had so many requests for the recipe.
I actually have a couple of recipes I use but this one was simply to use up what flours I had in my cupboard. It is an easy recipe but I do find using a food processor really helps. You don’t have to have a pasta machine – you can simply roll out the pasta to thin strips instead. Watch our video for a detailed explanation of how to make it.
Preparation time: 30 minutes
Cooking time: 3-4 minutes
What’s Good About It?
Homemade pasta is incredibly versatile – you do not need a pasta machine but it helps. Use it for a range of dishes. You can flavour the pasta with herbs if wished.
- For a detailed explanation showing you how to make the pasta watch our video
- Place the dry ingredients in a food processor and brief mix to combine.
- Add the eggs and oil and process until the mixture comes together to form a stiff dough.
- Lightly dust a work surface with gluten free flour.
- Take small pieces of the dough and run them through a pasta machine. Gradually alter the settings to create thinner pasta strips – cut these as wish or run them through the cutters to create tagliatelle.
- Hang the pasta to dry if strips or roll them into little circles.
- These can be kept in a sealed container for several days if wished.
- To cook tagliatelle bring a large pan of salted water to the boil. Drop in the pasta and cook for 1-2 minutes only. Drain well then serve.
Did You Know?
Adding the custard powder to the pasta gives the pasta more colour and being a starch also helps to bind the dough together.
150 g gluten free plain flour
50 g potato starch
1tbsp xanthan gum
Pinch of sea salt
3 large eggs
1 tablespoon olive oil