A delicious simple loaf cake drizzled with a little orange syrup to create a wonderful moist cake. Perfect as a dessert with coconut yogurt or as a sweet afternoon treat. Using orange juice and xylitol in the cake avoids the need to add extra syrups and sugars. For the video showing how to make it see https://youtu.be/Yj4yw4u6lzM
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 40 minutes
What’s Good About It?
The addition of oil and yogurt is a simple way to avoid the need for eggs making this a delicious vegan cake. Using baobab powder is a great way to add extra zesty flavour and nutrients.
- Preheat the oven 180C, gas mark 4. Line a 1lb loaf tin with parchment paper
- Place the orange juice, oil and yogurt in a food processor and blend until smooth.
- Add the remaining ingredients and process until smooth.
- Spoon the mixture into the tin and smooth the surface.
- Bake in the oven for 40 minutes.
- Heat orange juice in a pan and reduce for 2-3 minutes to make it syrupy.
- Drizzle the juice over the warm cake.
- Leave to cool in the tin for 5 minutes then remove and place on a wire rack to cool completely.
Did You Know?
The addition of baobab powder is a great way to add extra zest to this cake and vitamin C.
250g Gluten Free self raising flour