These fabulous gluten free oat bars are without any added sugars or syrups. I used apple puree to naturally sweeten the oat layer and use a pure fruit spread for the filling.
You can also make your own strawberry jam by simmering fresh strawberries with a little water and thicken with cornflour or arrowroot. Alternatively use my chia jam recipe.
Difficulty – Easy
Time – 10 minutes preparation, 30 minutes cooking
Makes 16 slices
What’s good about it?
Almond nut butter is a delicious way to help bind bars without the need for sugars and syrups plus it adds plenty of protein, healthy fats and vitamins and minerals including calcium and magnesium.
- Preheat the oven to 180C, gas mark 4.
- Grease and line a 20cm square baking tin.
- Place the oats, flaked almonds, apple puree, almond nut butter, coconut yogurt, cinnamon and egg in a large bowl and beat well.
- Press three quarters of the oat mixture into the tin and press down firmly with the back of a spoon.
- Spread over the pure fruit spread over the base. Scatter over the remaining oat mixture and press down lightly.
- Bake in the oven for 30 minutes until lightly golden.
- Allow the bar to cool before cutting into slices.
Did You Know?
This oat bar is a great prebiotic treat – full of fibre and polyphenols to support the growth of beneficial bacteria in your gut. Serve with some yogurt for a fabulous tummy loving treat.
225g Gluten Free Oats
50g Flaked almonds
200g Almond nut butter
1tsp Ground cinnamon
75g Apple puree
60g Coconut yogurt
1 egg beaten
Pure Fruit Spread – strawberry about 200g