Perfect for Autumn this moist sweet bread is lightly spiced and contains a swirl of chocolate through the bread. Delicious warm from the oven, toasted or simply plain as an afternoon snack. Adding a scoop of protein powder is a great way to boost the overall protein content.
Makes 1 1lb loaf / 10 slices
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 45 minutes
What’s Good About It?
Using xylitol in this recipe helps keep the sugar content down. Use a vanilla or chocolate protein powder in this recipe to boos the protein content.
- Preheat the oven to 180C, Gas mark 4.
- Grease and line a 1lb loaf tin.
- Place the dry ingredients in a food processor and blitz to combine.
- Add the wet ingredients and beat until smooth.
- Pour half of the mixture into the loaf pan.
- Pour in half of the chocolate and swirl lightly
- Repeat with the batter and then drizzle the top with the remaining chocolate. Use a cocktail stick or knife to create a swirl pattern.
- Bake in the oven for 45 minutes until cooked through. Cook in the tin for 10 minutes then remove and place on a wire rack to cool.
- Wrap the bread if not eating immediately. This will keep in an airtight container for 3-4 days.
Nutrition per slice (80g) 230kcal, Fat 12.9g, Carbohydrates 21.9g, Protein 6.1g
Did You Know?
Instead of melted chocolate you could replace with chocolate chips.
50g coconut flour
30g protein powder
60g tapioca flour
1tsp ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
1tsp baking powder
pinch of sea salt
4 large eggs
50g olive oil
200g cooked pumpkin puree
2tsp vanilla extract
1tbsp almond milk
150g chocolate melted