A delicious healthy Autumn treat. The addition of pumpkin puree to cakes makes them wonderfully moist as well as adding plenty of antioxidants and fibre. This is served with a low sugar caramel sauce for an indulgent treat.
Makes 1 bundt Cake / Serves 12
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 45 minutes
What’s Good About It?
This gluten free, vegan cake is wonderfully moist and packed with flavour thanks to the addition of pumpkin puree and olive oil. The use of xylitol keeps the sugar content down.
The Caramel coconut sauce is much healthier and lower in sugar than traditional versions.
- Grease a bundt cake really well. Preheat the oven to 170C
- For the cake simply place all the ingredients in a food processor and blitz until smooth.
- Pour the batter into the cake tin and smooth the top.
- Bake in the oven for 40-45 minutes until golden brown and cooked through.
- Allow to cool in the tin for 10 minutes then turn out and cool on a rack.
- For the sauce place the coconut milk, xylitol, peanut butter and vanilla in a small pan and simmer stirring all the tin for 10-15 minutes. Mix the arrowroot with a little water and add to the pan with the dairy free spread. Simmer for 5 minutes to thicken the sauce.
- Cool the sauce slightly. Pour over the cake to serve.
Did You Know?
This caramel sauce is delicious drizzled over ice cream or fruit. You can keep it in the fridge for 3-4 days and reheat or serve cold.