This is a super easy recipe with minimal ingredients. These are delicious topped with garlic herb butter. Ideally use a griddle pan but these can also be baked in the oven or in a frying pan. You can make these dairy free using coconut yogurt.
Difficulty – Easy
Time – 15 minutes preparation plus15 minutes cooking time
Serves – 6
What’s good about it?
A simple recipe – the addition of yogurt aids protein to this bread. You could increase the fibre by adding seeds or ground flaxseed.
- Prepare the butter. Place the butter in a bowl and mash in the chopped herbs and crushed garlic.
- Make the flatbreads. Place the flour, baking powder and yogurt in a bowl. Mix together with a knife. As the mixture comes together use your hands to form a soft dough.
- Place on a lightly floured surface and knead gently.
- Divide the mixture into 6 pieces.
- Roll out the individual pieces to form circles. Lightly score the breads.
- Heat a griddle pan until hot. Place the dough on the pan and cook on each side for a couple of minutes until golden brown and puffed up slightly.
- As soon as the flatbreads are cooked brush with a little of the herb butter on each side.
Did You Know?
These flatbreads are delicious served with curries and stews. They can also be frozen for up to 3 months – freeze before brushing with the herb butter.
Makes 6 flatbreads
350g gluten free self-raising flour, plus extra for dusting
1 tsp baking powder
350g Greek yoghurt or Coconut yogurt
Garlic Herb Butter
2 garlic cloves, crushed
Handful of fresh herbs e.g basil or parsley
40g unsalted butter or dairy free spread