This is a wonderful moist gluten free bread. Rich and packed with flavour it is delicious served warm as a brunch treat. You can either bake this in a bread maker or place in a loaf tin and bake in the oven. The great thing about gluten free breads is there is no kneading involved. Just mix all the ingredients and leave to prove before baking.
Difficulty – Easy
Time – 15 minutes, proving and 40-50 minutes baking
Makes 1 loaf
What’s good about it?
Adding eggs to the gluten free batter helps keep it wonderful moist and fluffy – it is also a great way to add more protein to the breads. You could use brown gluten free bread flour for additional fibre if wished
- Place the yeast, sugar and warm water in a jug and leave for 10 minute to froth.
- Place the flour, xanthum gum and baking powder in a food processor and process briefly to combine. Add the remaining ingredients including the yeast mixture (except the chocolate chips) and process to form a smooth batter.
- Lightly grease a large glass bowl. Tip the bread batter into the bowl and stir in the chocolate chips.
- Cover the bowl and leave in a warm place for 1 hour.
- Grease a 2lb loaf tin. Put the batter into the bread tin and leave for a further 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 180C, gas mark 4.
- Bake in the oven for 40-50 minutes until golden
Did You Know?
You can also bake this in a savrin mould for a stunning treat
1 sachet of fast acting yeast (7g)
45g caster sugar
220g warm water
400g Gluten Free Bread flour
1 heaped tsp xanthum gum
2tsp gluten free baking powder
50g softened butter or dairy free spread
1/2 tsp sea salt
zest and juice of 1 orange
75g chocolate chips