A delicious rich and creamy peanut stew is lightly spiced and packed with fibre and protein to keep you energised. Serve this with a side salad or additional steamed greens for an easy one pot dish.
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 30 minutes
What’s Good About It?
Sweet potato is packed with antioxidants including carotenoids to support skin and immune health. They also provide plenty of soluble fibre to support digestive health.
- Heat the oil in a large casserole dish and saute the onion, garlic, ginger and spices for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the sweet potato and stir to coat.
- Pour in the chopped tomatoes, vegetable stock, beans, peanut butter and tomato puree and stir well. Bring to the boil and simmer gently for 20-25 minutes until the stew has thickened and the potato is cooked. Stir in the kale and cook for 2-3 minutes until wilted.
- Serve in bowls and accompany with salad.
- This stew can be frozen for up to 3 months.
Nutrition per serving 277kcal, Fat 11.5g, Carbohydrates 28.7g, Protein 10.3g
Did You Know?
Instead of cannellini beans use chickpeas or butterbeans. Alternatively pan fry firm tofu and add at the end of cooking.
1 tbsp olive oil
1 onion, diced
3 garlic cloves chopped
1tsp chopped root ginger
1tsp ground cumin
1tsp ground coriander
2tbsp sliced pickled jalapenos
pinch of cinnamon
sea salt and black pepper to taste
3 sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into chunks (500g)
Coriander leaves to garnish
100g peanut butter
1 x can chopped tomatoes
60g tomato puree
600ml vegetable stock
1 x can cannellini beans
100g chopped kale