Baked oatmeal is such a great make ahead breakfast option. A simple mix of ingredients then pop in the oven to bake until golden. Delicious warm or cold you can make this at the weekend to enjoy on busy work days. Ideal as a healthy snack or dessert too served with coconut yogurt. Vary the fruit according to what is in season.
Difficulty – Easy
Time – 15 minutes preparation, 40 minutes cooking
What’s good about it?
Oats are a great breakfast option – a good source of slow releasing carbohydrates and fibre plus more protein than many other grains. Oats also supply a good source of a number of vitamins and minerals including calcium, magnesium, manganese, zinc and iron.
- Preheat the oven to 180C, gas mark 4.
- Grease a square baking dish
- Place all of the dry ingredients in a large bowl and mix well. Pour in the eggs, milk and melted dairy free spread or coconut oil and mix well until combined.
- Gently fold through the fruit.
- Spoon into the baking dish and press down lightly.
- Bake in the oven for around 35-40 minutes until golden.
- Cut into squares to serve.
- Accompany with coconut yogurt.
Did You Know?
Instead of berries try adding raisins. Stir through some chopped nuts or seeds for additional crunch.
300g gluten free oats
75g xylitol or coconut sugar
2tsp baking powder
pinch of sea salt
1tsp ground cinnamon
250ml coconut or almond milk
100g dairy free spread or coconut oil melted
1 chopped apple
2 peaches, chopped
Handful of fresh berries