A lovely light detox recipe. Using cauliflower instead of grains keeps this wonderfully light and refreshing and paleo friendly. Cruciferous vegetables are so healthy and fabulous for cleansing. The detox support provided by cauliflower includes antioxidant nutrients to boost Phase 1 detoxification activities and sulphur-containing nutrients to boost Phase 2 pathways. Cauliflower also contains glucosinolates that can help activate detoxification enzymes to promote healthy elimination of toxins including more harmful forms of oestrogens. You can make this totally raw simply by adding the raw onion and spices to the salad rather than cooking them first.
Time – 15 minutes
Serves – 6
What’s good about it?
Cauliflower is also packed with vitamin C plus a range of phytonutrients such as Beta-carotene, beta-cryptoxanthin, caffeic acid, cinnamic acid, ferulic acid, quercetin, rutin, and kaempferol. It’s also rich in vitamin K – known for its anti-inflammatory benefits and support brain health and bone health. Using an omega blended oil in the dressing is a great way to boost your intake of essential fats.
- Place the cauliflower in a food processor and blitz into little rice like pieces and place in a large bowl.
- Sauté the onion with the cumin and coriander for 2-3 minutes until soft.
- Place the herbs, lemon juice, preserved lemon and oil in a food processor and blitz to combine.
- Add the remaining ingredients to a large bowl. Pour over the lemon dressing and toss. Season to taste.
- Allow the salad to sit for 30 minutes or longer to develop the wonderful lemon and herb flavours
- This will keep in the fridge for 3-4 days
Did you Know?
D-Limonene, an oil nutrient, is an amazing natural compound found in lemon and orange peels. It has potent antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties, offers assistance for a variety of metabolic and health problems, has anti-cancer properties, and even helps with weight management.
1 head cauliflower
Juice of 2 lemons
125ml omega 3 blend oil or olive oil
1 red onion, diced
1tsp ground cumin
½ tsp ground coriander
1tsp Himalayan salt
1 cucumber deseeded and diced
4 plum tomatoes, deseeded finely diced
2 handfuls of parsley chopped
Handful of mint chopped
Handful of coriander leaves
6 spring onions, chopped
1 preserved lemon rind only chopped